A 2-hour prenatal breastfeeding class where you will learn:
* How breastfeeding works
* What mother’s and baby’s bodies expect during lactation
* The stages of lactation and what to expect at each stage
* How spouses/partners and family members can support breastfeeding
* The basics of getting started with breastfeeding
* Breastfeeding positions and when to use them, including hands-on practice with models
* Hands-on breastfeeding techniques and when to use them
* When to call for help
* Nutritional support and how dietary choices support (or hinder!) breastfeeding
* How to incorporate breastfeeding into your daily life
* Lactation tools and interventions: when they’re appropriate and how they’re used
Partners, spouses, or support persons are welcome and always encouraged to attend.
*** Unable to attend an already scheduled class? A one-on-one consultation may be a great option for your family. See our online scheduling page to arrange your personal class. Select the “Prenatal Tele-lactation” option. Private classes are available for $135.